Legal Notice Publication:
You will find the Legal Notices in the classified section of the Tacoma Weekly OR can be downloaded here (.pdf) for both of our auction locations.
An auction for both locations IS NOT a weekly event. Check online (www.fifetowing.com or www.facebook.com/fifetowing) or in the Tacoma Weekly classifieds (Legal Notice section) for the next announced auction listing.
Public viewing of the vehicles will commence on the day of the auction:
8 AM for the Fife location and 1 PM for the Federal Way location.
All vehicles purchased are sold on an “as is basis”. Any auction at our Fife and Federal Way locations, makes no warranties expressed or implied.
Abandoned Vehicle Auction Rules:
- Remain in the viewing area of the storage yard.
- NO WANDERING outside the viewing area to look at other vehicles in the storage yard.
- Vehicles being auctioned will have an “X” on their windshield.
- Starting or hot-wiring any vehicle is not allowed in the storage yard.
- The Abandoned Vehicle Auction will promptly begin at 9 am (Fife)/ 2 pm (Federal Way).
- This is a cash-only auction. If you do not have CASH, you may not bid on a vehicle.
- No personal or business checks will be accepted unless pre-approved by the management.
- 9.9% sales tax for Pierce County and 10% sales tax for King County, will be added onto the subtotal (final bid) of the vehicle. ATM machines are located at nearby businesses for your convenience.
- Collusion of bids will not be tolerated.
- Individuals attending auctions must not owe and/or be in financial debt to Fife Towing, Fife Recovery, or Northwest Towing.
ATTENTION Auction Visitors and Participants:
- DO NOT PARK:
- In front of the office or the employee parking area.
- Inside the fenced auction area.
- In front of the gated entrance.
- NO Children under the age of 18 are allowed onto the property. No exceptions.
- Sign in at the table around back, your bidder number will be the number line upon which you sign in. You will need this number when bidding.
- Auction Vehicle Sheets can be obtained at the sign-in table or prior to arriving by printing them online.
- Arrangements for locksmith services should be made between you and the locksmith.
- Payment is expected immediately after each vehicle is auctioned, a delay in payment will cause a forfeit of the vehicle to the 2nd highest bidder.
- Your driver’s license MUST be presented to the cashier at time of payment. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You may obtain a “Tow Out” charge at the front desk in the main office.
- All vehicles must be removed from the storage yard – no later than 5pm on the same business day or there will be a $58(plus sales tax) storage charge for each additional day PER VEHICLE.
- Once a vehicle is purchased and the auction process has been completed, the vehicle must be removed from the storage yard.
- Only licensed and insured tow trucks will be allowed in the storage yard. Car dollies or car trailers are not permitted on the premises due to liability concerns.
- NO MECHANICAL WORK may be done on the auction premises.
- If you need to perform work on your purchased vehicle, it must be removed from the auction lot.
- Garbage or other unwanted items from your purchased vehicle must be disposed of at your residence or at your nearest disposal facility, dumping of garbage or littering on the auction lot will be grounds for removal from future auctions.
- Do not remove garbage from your purchased vehicle onto the street. Should this happen, a report will be issued to Fife Police Department, the purchaser’s information will be released; whereas a citation for littering might be applicable and possibly issued to the purchaser.
- Patrons attending auctions must follow the directions of the auctioneer or employees/management of the facility with regards to safety and conduct while on the auction premise.
- Fife Towing, Fife Recovery, Northwest Towing reserves the right to refuse admittance to auction patrons based on opinion of unethical business/personal practices.
Sorry, but there are NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS or TELEPHONES available at our auctions. You may inquire to the lot attendant as to nearby locations in the immediate area which offer these services.